Sayyidina ‘Ali ibn Abu Thalib’s (k.w.) Prayer of Forgiveness

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Sayyidina ‘Ali ibn Abu Thalib (k.w.) repeatedly prayed for Allah’s (s.w.t.) Forgiveness.  His typical prayer was, “O Allah, Forgive me my sins of which You are more Aware than I.  And if I commit these sins again, even then Forgive me, and whatever promises I have made with myself to follow Your Commands that have not been fulfilled.  I seek Your Forbearance.  If I have sought Your Proximity with my tongue, but my heart has not kept pace with my tongue, then Overlook my lapse.  O Allah, Forgive me for my futile talk, vain desires, and lapses of tongue.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir