The Most Wondrous Faith

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Once, after they prayed swubh, the Prophet (s.a.w.) sat for the people and asked, “O people, whose faith is the most wondrous?” 

“The angels,” they replied. 

“How can the angels not believe, when they can witness the matter?” he said. 

“The prophets, O Messenger of Allah!” they said. 

“How can the prophets not believe,” he said, “when Revelation alights upon them from Heaven?” 

“Your companions then, O Messenger of Allah!” 

“How can my companions not believe,” he said, “when they are witnessing what they are witnessing?  But the most wondrous in faith are people who will come after me, who have faith in me even though they have not seen me, who believe me even though they have not seen me.  They are my brothers!”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir