The Lovers of the Prophet (s.a.w.) Will be with Him in the Hereafter

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

A man came to the Prophet (s.a.w.) and said, “Messenger of Allah, I love you more than my family and my possessions.  I remember you and I cannot wait until I can come and look at you.  I remember that I will die, and you will die, and I know that when you enter the Garden, you will be Raised up high with the prophets.  When I enter it, I will not see you.” 

Allah (s.w.t.) then Revealed: 

سُوۡرَةُ النِّسَاء

وَمَن يُطِعِ ٱللَّهَ وَٱلرَّسُولَ فَأُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ مَعَ ٱلَّذِينَ أَنۡعَمَ ٱللَّهُ عَلَيۡہِم مِّنَ ٱلنَّبِيِّـۧنَ وَٱلصِّدِّيقِينَ وَٱلشُّہَدَآءِ وَٱلصَّـٰلِحِينَ‌ۚ وَحَسُنَ أُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ رَفِيقً۬ا (٦٩) 

All who obey Allah and the Messenger are in the company of those on whom is the Grace of Allah ― of the prophets (who teach), the sincere (lovers of Truth), the witnesses (who testify), and the righteous (who do good): ah!  How a beautiful fellowship! (Surah an-Nisa’:69) 

The Prophet (s.a.w.) called the man and recited the verse to him. 

Imam Abu al-Qasim Sulayman ibn Ayyub ath-Thabarani (r.a.) and Imam Abu Bakr Ahmad ibn Musa ibn Mardawayh al-Iswfahani (r.a.) narrated this hadits from Sayyidatina ‘Aishah bint Abu Bakr (r.a.) and Sayyidina ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abbas (r.a.).  Qadhi Abu al-Fadhl ‘Iyadh ibn ‘Amr al-Yahsubi (r.a.) cited it, in ash-Shifa’ bi Ta’rif Huqub al-Muswthafa’.  Hafizh ‘Imad ad-Din Abu al-Fida’ Isma’il ibn ‘Umar ibn Katsir (r.a.) in his Tafsir, as did Imam Abu Muhammad al-Husayn ibn Mas’ud al-Baghawi (r.a.).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir