The Ahwal of the Swuhbah

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Shaykh Muhyi ad-Din Abu Muhammad ibn Abu Swalih ‘Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani (q.s.) said, as recorded in Jila’ al-Khathir, addressing his congregation from the minbar, “This is something beyond the comprehension of the creatures.  All that appears of it is merely an atom from its mountain, a drop from its sea, and a lamp from its Sun.  O Allah, I apologise to You for speaking about these secrets, but You Know that I am overwhelmed.  A certain righteous person once said, ‘Beware of what merits an apology.’  But when I get up to sit on this chair, I become unaware of anything but You to the extent that no one is left in front of my heart to apologise to and restrict myself because of.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir