Ihsan in Slander

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

A person once swore at Imam Abu al-Hasan ‘Ali ibn Husayn Zayn al-‘Abidin (q.s.) and made slanderous remarks to him.  In response, Imam Zayn al-‘Abidin (q.s.) said to him, “If the attributes, you accuse me of, are found in me then I repent to Allah (s.w.t.), and ask for Forgiveness.  If the attributes are not found in me then, on your behalf, I ask Allah (s.w.t.) for Forgiveness.” 

The person saw Imam Zayn al-‘Abidin’s (q.s.) ihsan and was overwhelmed by it.  He stood up, kissed Imam Zayn al-‘Abidin (q.s.) on the forehead and said, “May my soul be sacrificed for you!  Whatever I accused you of was wrong.  I seek forgiveness from you and I request you to pray to Allah (s.w.t.) for the Acceptance of my repentance.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir