Friday, 23 December 2016

Imam Zayn al-‘Abidin (q.s.) & Slander

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

A person once swore at Imam Zayn al-‘Abidin (q.s.) and made slanderous remarks to him.  In response, Imam Zayn al-‘Abidin (q.s.) said to him, “If the attributes, you accuse me of, are found in me then I repent to Allah Azza wa Jal and ask for Forgiveness.  If the attributes are not found in me then, on your behalf, I ask Allah Azza wa Jal for Forgiveness.”

The person saw Imam Zayn al-‘Abidin’s (q.s.) ihsan and was overwhelmed by it.  He stood up, kissed Imam Zayn al-'Abidin (q.s.) on the forehead and said, “May my soul be sacrificed for you!  Whatever I accused you of was wrong.  I seek forgiveness from you and I request you to pray to Allah Azza wa Jal for the Acceptance of my repentance.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be posted.