Against the Blasphemy of Prohibiting Ziyarah to the Rawdhah

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Imam Taqi’ ad-Din Abu al-Hasan ‘Ali ibn ‘Abd al-Kafi’ as-Subki (r.a.) wrote, in Sayful Maslul ‘ala Man Sabba ar-Rasul, “I do not have the power to avenge the accursed blasphemer myself, but Allah (s.w.t.) Knows that my heart despises him; yet, it is not sufficient to merely consider it evil in the heart, rather it is incumbent upon me to strive as much as I can with my tongue and my pen.  I beseech Allah (s.w.t.) to not reprimand me for the paucity of my response and that He Grants me Salvation which He Grants those who forbid from evil; verily, He is Oft-forgiving, the Pardoner.” 

He was referring to Shaykh Taqi’ ad-Din Ahmad ibn ‘Abd al-Halim ibn Taymiyyah (r.a.) and his fatwa prohibiting travel to visit the Prophet (s.a.w.), and denying his living in the grave.  Shaykh ibn Taymiyyah (r.a.) eventually repented from that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir