A Tree Came to the Prophet (s.a.w.)

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Dr. Muhammad Muswthafa al-Badawi said, Sayyidina Buraydah ibn al-Huswayb (r.a.) reported, “A Bedouin came to the Prophet (s.a.w.), saying, ‘O Messenger of Allah, I have accepted Islam, so show me something that will increase me in certitude!’ 

He asked him, ‘What do you want?’ 

He replied, ‘Call this tree; let it come to you!’ 

‘Go to her and call her!’ he told him. 

The Bedouin went to the tree saying, ‘Answer the Messenger of Allah!’ 

The tree leaned to one side, pulling her roots out, then to the other, pulling her roots out then she went to the Prophet (s.a.w.) saying, ‘Peace be upon you O Messenger of Allah!’ 

The Bedouin exclaimed, ‘This is sufficient for me!  This is sufficient for me!’ 

The Prophet (s.a.w.) said to the tree, ‘Go back!’ so it returned to its place and struck its roots again. 

The Bedouin said, ‘Permit me, O Messenger of Allah, to kiss your hands and feet!’  He did, then said, ‘Permit me to prostate myself before you!’ 

‘No man should prostate himself before another man!’ he replied.”  This is found in Imam Abu al-Fadhl ‘Abd ar-Rahman ibn Abu Bakr ibn Muhammad Jalal ad-Din as-Suyuthi’s (q.s.) al-Khaswa’isw al-Kubra’.  It was also recorded by Imam Abu Bakr Ahmad ibn ‘Amr al-Bazzar (r.a.), and Imam Abu Nu’aym Ahmad ibn ‘Abdullah al-Aswbahani (r.a.).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir