Inanimate Objects Glorified Allah (s.w.t.) in the Prophet’s (s.a.w.) Hand

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Dr. Muhammad Muswthafa al-Badawi, Shaykh Suwayd ibn Zayd (r.a.) recounted how he once saw Sayyidina Abu Dzarr Jundab ibn Junadah al-Ghifari (r.a.) sitting on his own in the mosque and thought it a good opportunity to ask him about Sayyidina Abu ‘Amr ‘Utsman ibn ‘Affan (r.a.).  Sayyidina Abu Dzarr (r.a.) said, “I shall never say anything about ‘Utsman but good, because of something I saw with the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.).  I used to watch for the time when the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.) was all alone so that I could learn from him.  One day, I went and found that he had gone out.  I followed him.  He sat somewhere and I sat with him.  ‘What has brought you, O Abu Dzar?’ he said. 

‘Allah and His Messenger!’ I replied.  Then Abu Bakr came, gave salaam and sat to the right of the Prophet (s.a.w.). 

He said, ‘What has brought you, Abu Bakr?’ 

‘Allah and His Messenger!’ he replied.  Then ‘Umar came and sat to Abu Bakr’s right. 

‘O ‘Umar,’ he said, ‘What has brought you?’ 

‘Allah and His Messenger!’ he replied. 

Then ‘Utsman came and sat to ‘Umar’s right.  He said ‘O ‘’Utsman, what has brought you?’ 

‘Allah and His Messenger!’ he replied. 

The Prophet (s.a.w.) picked up seven or nine pebbles.  They glorified Allah (s.w.t.) in his hand, until I heard them buzz like bees buzz.  He put them down, and they became silent.  He put them in Abu Bakr’s hand, and they glorified until I heard them buzz like the bees buzz, then he put them down and they were silent.  He picked them up, and put them in ‘Utsman’s hand and they glorified until I heard them buzz as bees buzz.  Then he put them down, and they were silent.”  This is recorded in Majma’ az-Zawa’id wa Manba’ al-Fawa’id.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir