Saturday, 2 June 2012

Seeing the Light

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

The following is from a friend, from the period she was just learning about Islam.  This was put up one day before her official conversion.  It has been taken and adapted from here: Seeing the Light.  She has since left Islam.

Job 38:1-18
1 Then the Lord Answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: 2 “Who is this that wraps up sentences in unskillful words?  3 Gird up your loins like a man: I will Ask you, and answer me.  4 Where were you when I Laid the foundations of the earth?  Tell me if you have understanding.  5 Who has laid the measures thereof, if you know or who has stretched the line upon it?  6 Upon what are its bases grounded?  Or who laid the corner stone thereof, 7 when the morning stars praised Me together, and all the sons of God made a joyful melody?  8 Who Shut Up the sea with doors, when it broke forth as issuing out of the womb: 9 When I Made a cloud the garment thereof, and wrapped it in a mist as in swaddling bands?  10 I Set My Bounds around it, and made it bars and doors: 11 And I Said, ‘Hitherto you shall come, and shall go no further, and here you shall break your swelling waves.’  12 Did you, since your birth, command the morning, and show the dawning of the day its place?  13 And did you hold the extremities of the earth shaking them, and have you shaken the ungodly out of it?  14 The seal shall be restored as clay, and shall stand as a garment.  15 From the wicked, their light, shall be taken away, and the high arm shall be broken.  16 Have you entered into the depths of the sea, and walked in the lowest parts of the deep?  17 Have the gates of death been opened to you, and have you seen the darksome doors?  18 Have you considered the breadth of the earth?  Tell me, if you know all things?”

“My journey with God these days have been a lot of questioning.  As some of you might know, I have been journeying into the religion of Islam.  And throughout the entire time, as I read more and more into Islam, I was getting drawn to it.  There were so many questions that I always asked God and many of which, are never answered.  Thankfully, I found the strength, by the Grace of God, to read His Word and this passage was revealed to me one day in the ODJ that I read.

Extracts of this are taken from Our Daily Journey.  Many a times we act like small kids to God.  We like to ask many questions, we seek to know more.  But that questioning nature pushes us to search out the mystery of His Ways and can bring us into conflict with His Sovereignty.  Like a child, we must learn to live with both wonder and trust.

This rings especially through when we faced troubled times, when we are thrown into a state of confusion and chaos.  The questions come tumbling out, much more than if we did not face trials.  When we are met with seeming silence from God in Heaven, we become self-righteous, bold and even defiant.  All the while, God remains Sovereign and completely Trustworthy.

When I read this passage, it reminds me once more of the Awesomeness of God.  We are like dust, and who am I, the created, one of the billions and gazillions of creation to question why the Creator Does things and Allows things to happen in a certain way?  He Knows best.  He Knows when to Separate out the clouds and Part the seas from the land.  He Knows exactly how many colours to Put in the rainbow to make it look so glorious and beautiful.  He Knows how the sunset and sunrise works, and exactly how the Earth revolves to provide the perfect balance of day and night.

We, like Job, have not learn to see past the natural world.  How interesting that God used nature to remind Job of His Absolute Power and Authority over all things.  So, from Job’s experience, we can see:

God is Patient with our questions; He too has known suffering.

Matthew 26:39
39 And going a little further, he fell upon his face, praying and saying, “My Father, if it be possible, Let this chalice pass from me.  Nevertheless, not as I will but as You Will.”

1 Peter 2:21
21 For unto this are you called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving you an example that you should follow his steps.

God’s Love for us is greater than any trial we may face.

Psalm31:6
6 You have hated them that regard vanities, to no purpose.  But I have hoped in the Lord:

Romans 8:35-39
35 Who then shall separate us from the Love of Christ?  Shall tribulation?  Or distress?  Or famine?  Or nakedness?  Or danger?  Or persecution?  Or the sword?  36 (As it is written: For your sake, we are put to death all the day long.  We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.)  37 But in all these things we overcome, because of Him that has Loved us.  38 For I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor might, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the Love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God is more Interested in our knowing Him than in our simply getting answers.

Psalm 27:8
8 My heart has said to you: My face has sought You: Your Face, O Lord, will I still seek.

Jeremiah 9:23-24
23 Thus Says the Lord, “Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, and let not the strong man glory in his strength, and let not the rich man glory in his riches: 24 But let him that glories glory in this, that he understands and knows Me, for I am the Lord that exercises Mercy, and Judgment, and Justice in the earth: for these things Please Me, Says the Lord.”

Our questions do not keep us from God, but our surrender brings us closer to Him.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be posted.