The Right to Change the World

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Shaykh ‘Utsman Nuri Tufbas wrote, in “Islam, Spirit, & Form”, Imam Sumbul Yusuf ibn ‘Ali Sinan (q.s.) asked his disciples the following question, “O my sons!  What would you do, if Allah gave you the right to mastermind the world?” 

They each gave a different answer.  One said, “I would exterminate all unbelievers.” 

Another said, “I would eradicate all who drink!” 

Another one said, “I would exterminate all smokers!” 

Among the disciples, there was a learned scholar named Shaykh Muswlih ad-Din Muswthafa Sururi (q.s.).  He was keeping quiet.  The shaykh faced him and asked, “O my son!  What would you do?” 

Shaykh Muswthafa (q.s.) answered decently, “O master!  What is wrong, Allah Forbid, with the way Allah (s.w.t.) has already Decreed?  I would keep the things as they are.” 

Imam Sunbul Sinan (q.s.) rejoiced and said: “The things now found are as they should be.”  And from that day forth, Shaykh Muswthafa (q.s.) was called as the centre of masters, and he succeeded the shaykh.


Shaykh Ibrahim Haqqi of Erzurm (q.s.) declares his commitment to Allah (s.w.t.) by the following words as if he summarizes this point”

All His Acts are superior,
All His Acts are well-matched,
And all His Acts are favourable;
Let us see what He Does,
He Does the best!

Upon my word He has Done the best,
Upon my oath He has Done the best,
Upon my word He has Done the best,
Let us see what Allah has Done,
He has Done the best!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir