Sunday, 6 May 2012

The Right to Change the World

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

The following is adapted from Islam - Spirit & Form by Shaykh Osman Nuri Topbas.  Shaykh Sunbul Sinan (q.s.) asked his disciples the following question, “O my sons!  What would you do, if Allah gave you the right to mastermind the world?”

They each gave a different answer.  One said, “I would exterminate all unbelievers.”

Another said, “I would eradicate all who drink!”

Another one said, “I would exterminate all smokers!”

Among the disciples there was a learned scholar named Musthafa Muslikh ad-Din (q.s.).  He was keeping quiet.  The shaykh faced him and asked, “O my son!  What would you do?”

Shaykh Musthafa Muslikh ad-Din (q.s.) answered decently, “O master!  What is wrong, Allah Forbid, with the way Allah is already Masterminding?  I would keep the things as they are.”

Shaykh Sunbul Sinan (q.s.) rejoiced and said: “The things now found are as they should be.”  And from that day forth, Shaykh Musthafa Muslikh ad-Din (q.s.) was called as the centre of masters and he succeeded the shaykh. 


Shaykh Ibrahim Haqqi of Erzurm (q.s.) declares his commitment to Allah (s.w.t.) by the following words as if he summarizes this point”

All His Acts are superior,
All His Acts are well-matched,
And all His Acts are favourable;
Let us see what He Does,
He Does the best!

Upon my word He has Done the best,
Upon my oath He has Done the best,
Upon my word He has Done the best,
Let us see what Allah has Done,
He has Done the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be posted.