The Path of Love is a Mirage

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

A Sufi had a friend who often expressed his love for Allah (s.w.t.) but lacked devotional prayers and other obligations.  And so he prayed to Allah (s.w.t.) to Guide his friend.  That night, he had a dream.  His supplication was so intense that he continued his supplication in his dream saying, “O Allah, my dear friend loves You.  He loves You so much he is in ecstasy just thinking of You!  Surely that is enough for You to then Guide him?” 

From a bright light, a Voice is heard, “His expression of love shows his state of love but that does not require Me to Love him in return.  He may even feel loved but that is only because as al-Wadud, I Love all of My Creation and My Mercy Overwhelms all, even love.  But My Higher Love of Hubb is reserved for My obedient servant.  For how can the one who claims to truly love Me forget I am his Master?  The one who claims to love may not be deserving of being Loved.  Have you not learnt?  My Love for Muhammad is due to him being the best of My slaves!  Is he not ‘Abd wa Rasul? 

The Sufi woke up in a cold sweat uttering, “The Path of Love is a mirage!  The Path of Obedience is the key!  Obey Allah (s.w.t.) and His Prophet (s.a.w.) sincerely and then and only then will we be loved by the Ultimate Lover!  Who is more Loved by Allah (s.w.t.) than Muhammad (s.a.w.)?”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir